How the fund has performed
Where the fund invests
- Date of launch: 26 December 2007
- Category: Equity
- Type: Mid Cap
- AUM (As on 30 September 2021): Rs 1,707 cr
- Benchmark: NIFTY Midcap 100 Total Return Index
What it costs
NAV (As on 1 November 2021)
- Growth option: Rs 51.14
- IDCW: Rs 31.57
- Minimum Investment: Rs 5,000
- Minimum SIP amount: Rs 500
- Expense ratio (As on 30 September 2021) (%): 2.11
- Exit load: 1% for redemption within 365 days
Fund Manager: Harshad Patwardhan
Tenure: 14 Years
Top 5 sectors in portfolio (%)
Top 5 stocks in portfolio (%)
Recent portfolio changes
- Complete Exits: Kansai Nerolac Paints, Voltas, NCC.
- Increasing allocation: Zydus Wellness, Max Financial Services, Ashok Leyland, Max Healthcare, Navin Fluorine, Tata Power, Shriram Transport Finance, Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals, Trent, Emami.
How risky is it?
Source: Value Research
Should You Buy
This fund realigned its mandate from mid-and-small cap to midcap a few years ago. This resulted in small-cap presence being moderated initially, but has been hiked again while retaining the mid-cap focus. This has been guided by evolving market conditions. Compared to earlier, the fund also takes healthy positions in its top bets, allowing meaningful exposure in high conviction ideas. The fund manager also places emphasis on ensuring high liquidity in the portfolio. This fund has been fairly consistent in delivering alpha over the years. After witnessing a brief dip in 2018, it has been among the top quartiles in its category in recent years. Its track record under the stewardship of its veteran fund manager continues to provide comfort for the long haul.