Adithya Singh, a California resident who was caught staying and eating for 3 months at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, USA (AP-Yonhap News)

An American man in his thirties was caught in the boarding area of ​​Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport for three months and caught an emergency.

According to the Chicago Tribune and the Associated Press on the 18th (local time), California resident Aditya Singh, 36, was arrested near Gate F12 at O’Hare Airport on the 16th at 11:10 am.

As a result of the investigation, it was revealed that he had been lodging and eating at the boarding area of ​​Terminal 2, exclusively for United Airlines at the airport, ever since he flew from Los Angeles to Chicago on October 19 last year.

On the day of the arrest, two United Airlines employees approached and asked for their identity.

When he was asked about identity from employees, he lowered his mask and showed off an airport employee badge that he had worn around his neck. However, when the badge was confirmed to have been reported lost on October 26 last year, the track record was revealed.

Prosecutors said he claimed that he “didn’t think about going home because he was scared of Corona 19,” and said that the passengers made a statement that they handed out food.

It is not known why he came to Chicago or whether he has a connection to Chicago.

“I was shocked that an unauthorized individual could stay for three months without any sanctions in the security zone of the largest O’Hare airport in the United States.” “He said.

In addition, in his statement, he urged the airport to strengthen security, saying, “I don’t know what you mean. The circumstances are difficult to understand.”

He was imprisoned on charges of trespassing, theft, and theft of identity in restricted areas, and he must stand in court again on the 27th.

According to his attorney, he is based in Orange, California, and holds a master’s degree in the services industry, but is currently unemployed. It was confirmed that there was no criminal record.

The judge imposed a bail of 1,000 dollars (about 1.1 million won) on him, and ordered him to restrain himself from returning to O’Hare Airport even if he was released.

Meanwhile, the Chicago Aviation Administration (CDA) said in a statement on the 18th that “airport safety and security are a top priority, and we are maintaining close cooperation with law enforcement authorities.”

“The investigation of this case is still in progress, but it is judged that the suspect has not put the airport and passengers at risk,” he added, adding, “We will actively cooperate with the investigation.” ()



Source: Yunhap News)

Share.

Leave A Reply