It’s been exactly a year since the first Redmi Note 9 phones appeared, and the updates are coming just in time. The Redmi Note 10 Pro spearheads the next generation of affordable midrange, and it brings one of the most requested fan-favorite features – a 120Hz OLED display.
Xiaomi offers HRR displays at a low price. The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G and several Redmi K30 phones had 120Hz and even 144Hz LCD panels. These devices became very popular for this reason, and many people, including us, were hoping for an OLED upgrade and that this premium feature would become standard for the Redmi Note 10 series. Talk about a wish come true!
The Redmi Note 10 Pro builds on the limited Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, also known as the Mi 10i 5G in some markets, both released a few weeks ago. It offers a better OLED HRR display but comes with the lower Snapdragon 732G chip instead of the more premium Snapdragon 750G 5G. The rest is basically the same: camera, speakers, battery, fast charging.
Indeed, the new Redmi Note 10 Pro might not offer the best mid-range SoC, but it certainly impresses with an interesting quad camera on the back. The primary shooter uses a Samsung 108MP sensor, then comes the 8MP ultra-wide snapper, followed by a 5MP camera with telemacro lens, and finally, there’s a 2MP depth sensor.
Other cool things about the Redmi Note 10 Pro include the dedicated balanced speakers – yet another feature that isn’t widely available even on more expensive phones (flagships typically favor hybrid setups). There is also a very big battery with a capacity of 5020mAh capable of fast charging 33W, and the corresponding power adapter is included with the phone. Some people will appreciate the presence of NFC, FM radio, IR blaster, 3.5mm jack and microSD extender.
Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro at a glance:
- Body: 164×76.5×8.1mm, 193g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame; IP53, dust and splash protection.
- Display: 6.67 “AMOLED, HDR10, 120Hz, 450-700 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G (8nm): Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold and 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS / software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Large (main): 108 MP, f / 1.8, 25mm, 1 / 1.52 “, 0.7 µm, PDAF; Ultra-wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 118˚, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm; Macro: 5 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f / 2.5, (wide), 1 / 3.06 “, 1.0 µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K at 30 fps, 1080p at 30/60 fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p at 30 fps, gyro-EIS.
- Drums: 5,020mAh; Fast charge 33W.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (mounted on the side); NFC; FM radio, infrared port; 3.5mm jack socket.
The Redmi Note 10 Pro is rated IP53 for protection against dust and water – a really nice touch. It means the phone is dust proof and can withstand light splash or rain. The phone seems like a better and better proposition with every new feature we spot, so let’s get right to the point and get this note out of the box.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
The Redmi Note 10 Pro comes in a plain paper box and comes with everything you might need except a pair of headphones. The retail kit contains a 33W AC adapter and a 3A rated USB-A-to-C cable.
You also get a clear silicone case with a cover for the USB-C port. And you will find a thin screen protector already applied on the phone screen. We took that away; sorry Xiaomi that was way too cheap.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?