- Sips, Barcelona is the best bar in the world – the second bar in Barcelona take first place in consecutive years
- The 2023 roster features bars of 28 cities with 11 new entries
- Renato ‘Tato’ Giovannoni is voted Roku industry icon
- Pyramid Lady Bee is Campari to watch
- THE American bar in Gleneagles (Aucherarder, Scotland) receives the award for best cocktail menu from Siete Misterios
- The Ketel One Sustainable Bar Prize is awarded to The Red House, Stockholm
- that of Seoul Zest Is Disaronno the highest new entry at #18
- Himkok (Oslo) wins the Nikka Highest Climber Award, climbing 33 places to 10th
- Athens’ The clumsy is Rémy Martin Legend of The List
- Double (Athens) is London Essence’s best new opening
- Apoorva Kohli (Sidecar, New Delhi) is a recipient of the 50 Best Bars The Blend Scholarship
- The first winner of the Bareksten Best Bar Design Award is that of Singapore night hawk
SINGAPORE, October 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The 50 Best Bars in the World 2023, sponsored by Perrier, were revealed in Singapore on Tuesday October 17. Held for the first time in Asiathe awards celebrate excellence in the international drinks sector.
Located in the heart of Barcelonathe new No.1 Sips combines elegant design with cutting-edge technique to create a playful ‘drinking house’ of Simone Caporale and Marc Alvarez. Learning from their illustrious careers, Caporale was one half of the creative duo that spearheaded that of London Artesian has won the World’s Best Bar title a record four times, while Álvarez spent almost a decade at Ferran and Albert Adrià’s groundbreaking elBarri restaurant group – the duo’s disruptive approach to Creative mixology shines through in innovative haute couture services at ready-to-wear prices.
Other bars in the top five are that of New York Double chicken please (n°2), Mexico City Speakeasy Handshake (No. 3), that of Barcelona Heaven (No. 4) and Bar Connaught (No. 5) in London. The full list can be viewed here.
William Drewcontent director, 50 Best, says: “Seamlessly translating contemporary innovation and technical precision into a playful cocktail program, accompanied by the warmest hospitality, Sips is a worthy winner of the title of World’s Best Bar . We send our congratulations to every bar on this illustrious ranking. We’ve once again seen the number of cities represented increase, and we hope this ignites the spark of wanderlust for cocktail lovers everywhere.
Registration and access to the media library:
SOURCE 50 Best